These terms and conditions shall represent a legally binding contract between
the client or employer (the “Client”) and South London Nannies nanny agency (the “Agency”). The verbal/written instruction by the Client to the Agency to submit suitable Candidates for contact or interview or arrangement of interviews shall constitute acceptance by the Client of these terms and conditions. The term “Candidate” means a person introduced by the Agency. The Agency is acting as an employment agency.
The engagement of any employee will be regarded as an acceptance of the conditions set out below:
- The client agrees to notify ‘South London Nannies’ immediately when an engagement is agreed and accepted and then to pay the required agreed fee (as quoted in our fee structure) within 10 days of invoice or before the nanny commences employment (whichever is sooner. In the event of non-payment a recovery charge may be included. Invoices will be forwarded to the client immediately upon a candidate being offered a position verbally or in writing.
- Introductions are confidential between the parties and referring any candidates details, introduced through or by ‘South London Nannies’ who then engages that employee will deem the client liable for the applicable fee. Introduction means, the passing to the Client of a curriculum vitae or information which identifies the Applicant and which leads to an Engagement of that Applicant.
- Refunds will only be made in full if an employee fails to attend in the first instance and no acceptable replacement can be found within a four week period. After an employee has commenced work, refunds for a terminated contract when no acceptable replacement can be found within 4 weeks are as follows: Up to two weeks – 50% 2 – 4 weeks – 25% N.B. An offer of employment made by a client that is subsequently withdrawn before a candidate has commenced work is liable to a fee of 50% of the original introduction charge. Please note, refunds will only be payable to clients who have settled their invoice within the 10 days as stated in condition (1) above, and from whom we have received written confirmation of termination of employment within 7 days.
- Where the employment of a ‘temporary’ employee is extended, an invoice to cover the extra appropriate fee will be issued to the client.
- The client shall be responsible for all national insurance and taxation arrangements and payments to any applicant engaged by the client.
- The Agency acts as an introduction Agency only and whilst every care and reasonable effort is made to check the references are genuine, we strongly recommend that the client make their own enquiries and checks. We can make no guarantee, express or implied as to the suitability of any candidate.
- The Agency shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, expense, damage, delay, costs or compensation (whether direct, indirect or consequential) which may be suffered or incurred by the Client arising from or in any way connected with the Agency seeking an Applicant for the Client or from the Introduction to or Engagement of any Applicant by the Client or from the failure of the Agency to introduce any Applicant. For the avoidance of doubt, the Agency does not exclude liability for death or personal injury arising from its own negligence
- The Agency acts as an introduction agency only and does not directly or indirectly employ staff. The responsibility for Income Tax, National Insurance or otherwise are the responsibility of the client. We strongly advise that you should seek advice from your Tax Office.
- We recommend to all clients that they should ensure that any person that they should employ has a current Public Liability Insurance with a minimum of £1,000,000 limit of indemnity.